‘Dive Narcosis’: Pure Dive Package – 7 Days / 6 Nights
Full diving, no compromises. 85% of the local flora and fauna lives under the water surface, take your time to explore it! Our itinerary includes the most beautiful dive sites reachable by land based day tours. Diving several days maximizes the probability to see the full range of animals inhabiting local waters.
From $ 1930.00 per person *
*Minimum package price based on 6 nights in an economy accommodation with 2 travelers in a double or twin standard room, incl. taxes.
- We will automatically arrange the package with the highest diversity of dive sites possible. If you prefer to include a dive site several times, please let us know. You can find more information on our dive sites page.
- Pick up Baltra airport
- private transfer In
- highland visit (incl. naturalist guide (bilingual Spanish/English), full transportation, and hot lunch at the farm for the giant tortoises)
- After the tour: Gear fitting at the dive center and drop off at the hotel, Puerto Ayora
Your naturalist guide knows the history of the WWII Baltra air base. After a brief crossing of the Itabaca Channel, continue to the Santa Cruz Highlands with your guide in a chartered vehicle.
First stop: Los Gemelos. These collapsed twin craters were formed when the island was still an active volcano. This area is one of the few where the endemic Scalesia forest is almost intact. Some Finch species and the Galapagos dove are here.
Second stop: Rancho Primicias or Butterfly Farm, where we see the giant tortoise in their natural habitat, the highlands of the island. Tortoises wander around the farms bordering the National Park Tortoise Reserve. We also see occasionally the endemic Pintail Duck and Gallinules.
Third stop: Lava tunnels; experience a moment of total darkness. Lava tunnels form at the heart of giant lava flows and show us the violence of the magma as if frozen in time.
Day 2 – 6:
- Dive Days
Full day dive tour incl. 2 dives per day, guide (max. 5 divers/guide, max. 10 divers on board), full dive equipment, transportation (dive center <> sites), hot lunch, snacks and towels.
The dive sites depend on our itinerary, your dive experience and the current availability.
Pick up from the hotel, transfer out to Baltra airport.
- Accommodation in Puerto Ayora incl. breakfast (*except Casa de Mathias – no breakfast offered)
- 5 dive days including 10 dives and dive equipment
- Snacks, lunches and beverages as described in the itinerary
- Transfers from/to airport on Baltra Island
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
Although the main attraction of this package is diving, it can be helpful to bring the following things:
- Sun Protection (Sun cream and a cap or hat) – This is really expensive on the islands
- Wind-proof jacket or sweatshirt
- Refillable water bottle
For sure, you can also bring your own dive equipment if you want to. Please note that our regs are YOKE system. So, maybe you would need to bring an adapter if you use the DIN system.
If you are just interested in this land tour, just fill out the little box to the right (on mobile below) and click on “Enquire now“. If you are interested in other land tours as well as in diving, then please fill out the following reservations form. This will help us to directly design a first offer for you.