RESCUE DIVER COURSE
About the Rescue Diver Course
“Challenging” and “rewarding” best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building and expanding on what you already know, this course teaches you the skills you need on how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur.
The fun part about this course is rising to challenges and mastering them. In this course you will learn:
- Self rescue,
- How to recognize and manage stress in other divers
- Emergency management and how to use relevant equipment
- How to rescue panicked divers
How to rescue unresponsive divers
Again a mixture of theory and practice can help you complete your Rescue Diver theory either in the classroom, at home or online via the PADI e-learning system or the E-book. We recommend that you try to complete your theory in advance before arrival on the islands. Should you choose e-learning, you can study in advance and simply complete the required 1 confined water and 2 open water dives here to become certified. If you complete your full course here in the Galapagos we recommend scheduling some space between your practice and dive days to complete the theory first.
Itinerary of the Rescue Diver Course
|DAY 1 (30 minutes)
|DAY 2 (14:30 – 17:30)
|DAY 3 (07:45 – 16:00)
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- Be a certified PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Have been trained for Emergency First Response and CPR within the past 2 years
- Complete the PADI course and liability release form
- Present a medical certificate declaring any health issues that may affect diving.
- An English and Spanish speaking PADI Instructor
- Knowledge Development Theory/ E-learning / E-book
- Note: All divers are responsible for reading their PADI Rescue Diver manual themselves and completing the Knowledge Reviews. Instructors are available for questions and support.
- Practice: You will put your learning to the test in confined water (Day 2) and in the sea on Day 3. Your instructor will choose sites appropriate to the training and your ability within our weekly itinerary.
- Full equipment: (wetsuit, regulator, BCD, mask, fins, boots, hoods, gloves, tanks)
- Towels, refreshments and lunch on board
- Transport between dive sites and Scuba Iguana
- First aid and emergency equipment (including 80% coverage any hyperbaric chamber treatment).
- Your PADI Rescue Diver Certification
|REQUIREMENTS:||12 years + adequate swimming skills, good physical health|
|SKILL GAINED:||Dive to 18m|
|CERTIFICATION:||Globally recognized Rescue Diver|
THE SCUBA IGUANA DIFFERENCE
Get a free custom quote for your dream Galapagos diving trip.