About the Divemaster Course
Looking for the first step in working in the scuba diving industry as a career?
Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and honor your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. Doing the course in the Galapagos is undoubtedly a different experience. The course must be adapted to local laws but will allow you to get more involved in the logistics of a dive center.
Itinerary of the Divemaster Course
During this program you will learn through independent study which you can discuss and review with your instructor. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba skills while assisting their PADI courses (if there are no courses being completed at the time, we would do simulations for your skill completion). This learning is combined in a structured internship. The time spent on the course is dependent on your level of preparation for your independent study and how fast you advance. A Divemaster course takes up to approximately 45 days. However, with the internship included, it could take up to 90 days. Please contact us to find out more detailed information.
Water practices will be scheduled according to the availability of other courses such as PADI Open Water, Advanced or Rescue, where the student can participate. However, if we do not have courses, a drill will be the next option to achieve the goal.
The course time varies according to your previous experience, and the maximum time can be 60 days if you choose to apply for a volunteer at our school.
If you want more details about volunteering with us you must send us an email to know the requirements and the benefits.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- You must be a certified PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- You must have been trained in Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or equivalent) within the past 2 years.
You must have logged at least 60 dives
- You must be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- You must have completed the course theory ONLINE before arrival in the Galapagos (only available in ENGLISH)
- Contact us for more details and requirements for the Divemaster Internship*
- PADI materials (Divemaster and Instructor manuals, Crew Pack, Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving and Dive slates)
- All dive gear during practices
- Confined water classes (for basic skills evaluation, dive gear exchange, training to assist with Discover Scuba Diving and Open Water courses)
- 10 Open Water dives: (2 for leading and assisting certified divers, 1 for your mapping project, 1 for DSD assistance, 1 for assisting Open Water students , 1 for leading Open Water students, 4 for assisting Advanced Open Water course)
- Briefing and map presentation training and practice
- English and Spanish speaking qualified PADI Instructor
Note: Accommodation, food, daily dive tours and PADI fees are NOT included in the Divemaster course.
|COST:||$ 1600 to $1900|
|DURATION:||45 to 90 Days|
|REQUERIMENTS:||18 years + adequate swimming skills, good physical health+ medical certificate|
|SKILL GAINED:||Supervision of dive activities|
|CERTIFICATION:||Globally recognized PADI DIVEMASTER|
THE SCUBA IGUANA DIFFERENCE
Get a free custom quote for your dream Galapagos diving trip.